Monday, March 8, 2010

We the Free

   Is there a brand out there that just totally defines your style and who you are and want to be as a person? Most people know exactly which label get’s me excited: Free People. I love just about anything this brand offers. The exclusivity of it makes the line even more appealing. Many stores may carry some, but you cannot buy all items of the line in one place. My biggest concern is the price and for that reason I seriously stalk many, many places. I’m lucky to live in a city where I can find it quite freely.
   I pride myself on my fashion knowledge, but the fashion world changes too fast to be on top of it all the time. I have just recently learned something amazing. I guess because Free People is a label not so much a designer, I’ve never taken a real interest in the story behind it. Today I came across its’ origins. It started in the 70’s in Philadelphia. That’s not the interesting part, what is interesting is that the same man went on to start the Urban Outfitters Chain. Free people used to be Urban’s private label division, and where I first fell in love with it. OK, so that’s pretty awesome alone. Linking two of my favorite stores together, I feel as if they actually know me. Then it just gets crazy. The same guy goes on to open Anthropologie.
   Shut up and pick me off the floor. I know recently I’ve been constantly complaining about my job. I believe now I’ve found where I should be. Too bad I don’t live in Pennsylvania, nor do I ever want to. Although if Wes’ ever needs to be on job site out that way, I will be packing up and moving with him. It’s great to find where you belong, not so great to realize you’ll never be there. The future's unclear…

If it’s all gonna happen sometime…then why not now?

1 comment:

  1. what about your area?? There are those stores in Nashville, would you ever consider retail again?? This is a lot to think about while you are studying for your gmat!! couldn't have an accounting degree help you get a corporate position with one of those companies?? Even a regional manager or something???? Love yoU!!

    ReplyDelete