Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fashion Dilemma


   I always get excited when I’m watching something and a character is wearing something I own. It makes me think I made a great decision fashion-wise. It actually happens all the time. Lily from How I Met Your Mom, JJ from Criminal Minds, Kimber from Nip/Tuck, Quinn from Glee, and so forth. All is fine with that because these are all “ADULT” shows, but then last night I saw MY Tracy Reese sweater on Grace from The Secret Life of an American Teenager.
   I get carded often and many people who come into my store on Saturdays think I’m a high schooler with an after school job. Maybe, by watching that trash on TV, I’ve figured out why. Where does that leave me? I don’t feel like I wear the clothing of a 15 year old. I mean Tracy Reese makes some real old lady things sometimes. Am I supposed to buy things from Chico’s now? Dilemma, dilemma…
   I realize that TV is not real life. Real 15 year olds can’t always afford designer duds, but the people who style these characters are paid to get the period time right so the style is supposed to fit with what a real high schooler would wear. Damn you Secret Life, you have now ruined my sweater the same way Britney Spears ruined my favorite shirt in college. Well I guess...

If it's all gonna happen sometime...then why not now?

1 comment:

  1. ps. i hate your ending sentence! like really hate it!!! Okay, that aside, I thought she looked super cute in the show and her age. I think you would never in a million years wear your sweater in the same way she wore it. Anyhow, Chico's really??? hahaha I watched that clip though and what an interesting conversation. Anyhow, love you!

    ReplyDelete