Monday, June 7, 2010

Drinker with a swimming problem

My best ideas are not fueled with vodka!

I'm going to go with no, it's not such a great idea to split a case of beer, shoot lemon drops and then get on the diving board pretending to be a gymnast. If you can't do it on a trampoline, chances are you aren't going to pull it off on a diving board.

It's also not such a great idea to suggest we end the night by skinny dipping. What a great way to get to know your friends...or alienate them.

Cooking while intoxicated...can't even remember eating, so don't quite know how to elaborate on that subject, except there's always room for guacamole!

Things like this may have been fun in high school, but I'm 26 and married. At some point I do need to grow up and learn I don't need to drink as much as those around me. Try as I might, i will never be on the same drinking level as Kris Courtney. Wes is such a sport. He finds me quirky! He's also learned by now that telling me 'no' is not an option. He's smart and resorts to trickery!

Note to self: also not a good idea to discuss environmental, political, or work ethics with people who don't know you...EVER! (At least when you're dealing with friends, they realize when you're making fun of them or when you're over it and ready to move on.)

All I know is, it's probably a great thing that I left my camera at home. What I don't remember didn't happen; without proof, you can't authenticate I did anything!

Summer has officially arrived...with a BANG!

If it's gonna happen sometime...Then why not now?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sydney....sorry we missed you guys Saturday....I totally forgot to email you back! I also totally get the drinking cap....and I'm 31!! I was thinking of instituting a cap of my own after my 31st birthday this year.....then I found out I was pregnant! Guess the universe agreed that it was time for me to stop drinking! :) Hope you guys are doing great! Talk soon--Susie

    ReplyDelete