Sunday, May 2, 2010

Drowning in Nashville

10-12 inches. That is the amount that was predicted to have fallen on us here in Nashville. I worked yesterday and surprisingly I actually got one sale. Wes went on a simple errand and returned 3 ½ hours later because of all the road closures and stopped traffic. 
A birthday dinner was cancelled, as well as, a bachelor party. Everyone is home bound. Wes and I curled up on the couch and watched The Hurt Locker and drank bourbon and coke. We checked in on the news every once and a while to catch up on the chaos going on. I-24 is completely shut down since Mill Creek is swollen overflowing onto I-24 submerging 70 cars and even causing a drowning. As of now, these storms have caused five deaths so although some of these pictures and videos are humorous it's not a laughing matter.


Then this morning it hit home...
Wes and I woke up to a plop...plop...plop... It sounding almost like a clicking. I actually thought the fan had got out of whack and was clicking during rotation. Wes was the one who first saw the bubble in the ceiling. It spans the length of our new addition.(Here I thought we were finally through with construction)


See the line going the length of our bedroom. This bucket is our new permanent fixture until the contractor shows tomorrow.



The rain is so bad that it's coming in through our chimney (even though the flew is closed)and is starting to puddle up on the hearth. Water is truly the worst enemy. One steady small drip can eventually cause major damage. 



Seeing this I decided to check out the rest of our property and there wasn't much other damage but I have a feeling I won't have to water any of my plants for a long time since most are underwater. There's a river now running through the front yard. Your able to walk to our front door if you either can ski or are Jesus and walk on water. We will definitely need to treat the front porch when the is all over since the gutters (even though they were cleaned out last week) are completely over flowing and leaving puddles all over the porch as well as at the base of my roses.

Luckily the back yard is not so terrible. Our neighbors don't have the same luck. The small creek that flows throughout our street has quadrupled in size and now creates a neighborhood pool on each side of us.
Hopefully the rain will stop soon, although the weather channel tells me other wise. We're lucky at least we didn't have a tornado rip through. Knock on wood. As far as the water leakage in our bedroom goes... I'm glad that we found it now where it's still under contractual warrenty, but I wish it was done right the first time. I guess we'll be moving out of our master bedroom for a while real soon...

If it's all gonna happen sometime...
Then why not now?

1 comment:

  1. syd!!! That's awful!!! I can't believe we hadn't heard anything on the italian news while we were at Maurizio's parents house!!! Please tell Patrick and Amanda that they are in our prayers!!! We love ya'll!!!!

    ReplyDelete