Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When Did This Happen?

Is it possible to go through a mid-life crisis at 26? I can drive, vote, join the army, drink and legally drive a rental car...what else is there to look forward to birthday wise? Becoming over the hill? Yes, I have a great husband who more often than I'd like puts me 2nd, 3rd, 4th to his job, mom, etc.; and yes, we both have an amazing home which I've poured my heart into remodeling over the past 3 years; and yes, I get to laugh everyday at two of the most hilarious pups who are way more human like than any children I've met recently, none the less, I am straddling the line between newly wed and baby making; My ideas for our home are never ending even though our money isn’t; and I think I’m borderline crazy because I swear my dogs are now starting to talk back to me.

I’ve decided to blog, mainly because I’m so bored since I’m in a dead end job that only ‘needs’ me three days a week half the month and 4-5 the other half. Pretty much they expect me to manage the day-to-day aspects of the inventory, new merchandise, advertisements, and promotional aspects of the business on a part-time basis. There’s no upward movement or raise opportunity to look forward to, yet I stay because I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished in the two+ years of being there, even if my owner can’t appreciate it. Plus, I dream of one day owning my own store and this is the best way of learning what NOT to do. Still, there’s hope for me still, I’ve begun studying for my GMAT in my latest idea of returning to school. If I have to be an honors college graduate stuck in a part-time job, I might as well be an honors college graduate working towards a master. I think the biggest issue when it comes to my job is the embarrassment I get when someone asks me ‘What do you do’. I mean seriously...I WENT TO COLLEGE FOR THIS! Man did I pick the dumbest major the first time around. Hopefully, this time I can change that. I have to give my parents credit; they definitely support me in everything I decide to do. I doubt I would have listened to them if they objected to my B.S. in Apparel Merchandising, Design, and Production anyway. I’m hard headed like that.

Background information is always helpful, but hopefully I’ll get more entertaining as I become more familiar in the whole blogging thing. I’ll try to stay current the best I can. I suppose this is all for now. Until later I guess…

If it’s all gonna happen sometime, then why not now?

No comments:

Post a Comment