Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mrs. Doubtfire


Wes and I recently found out that his half brother and sister were coming to visit us on Tuesday for the week. When I say recently I mean Wes called his brother on Friday and he told him. Then today we found out that they decided to come Monday instead. We have been crazy busy with our friends wedding this past weekend so it’s definitely not ideal to hear news like this such last minute especially since I haven’t been on top of my house keeping duties like I should because I’ve been trying to get Justyne’s wedding dress finished for her wedding Saturday.

Sunday is clean day (mainly because it had to be). Wes is the funniest person to clean a house with. He sings and dances and makes me laugh. I thought I’d take a little break from picking up to share some of his antics.

He likes to vacuum and sing Milkshake while doing a little butt pop and shoulder shimmy to everything that comes in his vacuum path.

Example: We haven’t yet put our suitcase in the attic from our recent trip to Florida so when he came upon it with the vacuum instead of picking it up and moving it he just pushes it aside with the vacuum while singing and dancing like, “My suitcase brings all the boys to the yard and damn right it’s better than yours…damn right.” He also did this with tennis balls from the dogs, boxes that are waiting to be taken to the recycles, and shoes…that is unless they are flip flops and he changes into another Wes classic.

We wear a lot of flip flops and most of the time we take them off in the den or bathroom or bedroom or wherever and just leave them till we put them on again so if you ever visit unexpectedly and we haven’t had a chance to go around the house and pick them up, chances are you’ll see a lot of them around. Wes likes to sing about it to the tune of Laffy Taffy. I.E. “Shake that flippy floppy, oh that flippy floppy.” He doesn’t know any other words so it’s mainly just repeating that over and over again. In fact, I can pretty much bet that after you read that and you know what song I’m talking about, you are now singing it in you head as well because it’s very contagious.

Those are the two basic repeaters he does, but sometimes he adds a few songs to change it up a little. He also likes to attack hug or kiss me while cleaning. It’s basically a huge bear hug with a loud yell of “Gotcha” not matter what I’m in the middle of doing.

I guess if we have to always do these mundane things, it’s better to do them with someone who will make it entertaining. With Duke around, we’ll be vacuuming and dusting forever so by adding something to laugh at makes it not seem so much like a chore. My favorite thing out of all of it is that when Wes notices me laughing at him he looks directly in my eyes with a serious face and calls me a retard like I’m the one dancing around topless with the vacuum, shaking my butt and shoulders, making up words to pop rap songs that I only know the chorus of. He’s so special!

So tomorrow the siblings come and then Friday we’ll have to do this all over again. I’ll be up to selling tickets to the Wes show if anyone’s interested! (*Wes said as long as they bring beer and sandwiches*)

If it’s gonna happen sometime…Then why not now?

No comments:

Post a Comment